eDiscovery Daily Blog
Goodbye Columbus, Hello Relativity Fest!: eDiscovery Trends
Today may be Columbus Day, but it’s also six days until the 2019 Relativity Fest conference! In case you didn’t already know, Relativity Fest is an annual conference designed to educate and connect the eDiscovery community and features panel discussions, hands-on labs, breakout sessions, and insights from Relativity staff, Relativity users, and industry leaders. It’s a big show with over 2,000 attendees and a lot going on.
Once again, Relativity Fest is in Chicago at The Hilton Chicago (which was the largest hotel in the world when it opened in 1927 and cost ten times to build than the original Yankee Stadium) and it starts on Sunday, October 20 and runs through Wednesday, October 23. As a development partner in the Relativity ecosystem, CloudNine will once again be the conference and will be there to provide demonstrations of our LAW Integration with Relativity via Compiled’s ReadySuite that enables customers to import and export data between these products with ReadySuite. We will also be demonstrating a couple of other exciting upcoming capabilities as well, so come by and see us!
Also, I will be covering the show for eDiscovery Daily, and I’m delighted to say that I will also once again be speaking at a session at the conference. My session is e-Discovery Disasters and How to Avoid Them: Don’t Let This Happen to You, on Tuesday, October 22 at 8:30am, with Kelly Twigger, Principal at ESI Attorneys, Salvatore Mancuso, Vice President of Client Solutions at BlueStar Case Solutions, Inc. and (my partner in crime on CloudNine webcasts) Tom O’Connor, Director at Gulf Coast Legal Technology Center.
In addition to that session, there are several other interesting looking sessions at the conference. Some major discoveries here! Here are a few of them:
- Is It Time to Rethink the EDRM?, Tuesday (10/22) at 8:30am with Michael Quartararo – Managing Director, eDPM Advisory Services , Darcie Spruance – Senior Project Manager, Ms., George Socha – Managing Director, BDO, Constantine Pappas – Senior Manager, Relativity Solutions, Relativity, Philip Favro – Consultant, Driven, Inc. With one of the founders of EDRM, this should be interesting. :o)
- Talk Discovery to Me: How to Conduct Effective Interviews with IT and Custodians, Tuesday (10/22) at 2:45pm, a panel of three experts from McDermott Will & Emery (Erica Noel – Discovery Counsel, Alex Godofsky – Discovery Consultant and Tim Gleason – Discovery Counsel) will talk about conducting effective interviews with your client’s IT administrators and custodians.
- The Judicial Panel, Monday (10/21) at 1:15pm, with the ubiquitous David Horrigan moderating discussions with Pennsylvania Judge Nora Barry Fischer, Texas Judge Xavier Rodriguez, New York Justice Tanya Kennedy and Florida Judge William R. Matthewman to discuss the latest legal developments in eDiscovery.
- State of the e-Discovery Union: The Roundtable on the Industry and the Profession, Tuesday (10/22) at 2:45pm. David leads a discussion with Hon. Andrew J. Peck – Senior Counsel, DLA Piper, Zach Warren – Editor-in-Chief, Legaltech News, Mary Mack – CLO, MaryMack.com, Ryan O’Leary – Senior Research Analyst, IDC, Kelly Twigger – Principal, ESI Attorneys, Hon. James C. Francis IV – Distinguished Lecturer, City University of New York School of Law and Ari Kaplan – Principal, Ari Kaplan Advisors.
- e-Discovery Cost Recovery: 5 Considerations for Law Firms, Monday (10/21) at 11:00am, with Daniel Pelc – Senior Manager, Industry Marketing, Relativity, John Koss – Special Counsel, Mintz Levin, Kimberly Fisher – Senior Practice Support Manager, Dickinson Wright PLLC and Kevin Clark – Litigation Support Manager, Thompson & Knight LLP.
To register to attend Relativity Fest, click here. It’s not too late! No Cubbies in the baseball playoffs this year, but the Astros are going to win it all this year (I hope!). :o)
So, what do you think? Are you attending Relativity Fest this year? Please share any comments you might have or if you’d like to know more about a particular topic.
Sponsor: This blog is sponsored by CloudNine, which is a data and legal discovery technology company with proven expertise in simplifying and automating the discovery of data for audits, investigations, and litigation. Used by legal and business customers worldwide including more than 50 of the top 250 Am Law firms and many of the world’s leading corporations, CloudNine’s eDiscovery automation software and services help customers gain insight and intelligence on electronic data.
Disclaimer: The views represented herein are exclusively the views of the author, and do not necessarily represent the views held by CloudNine. eDiscovery Daily is made available by CloudNine solely for educational purposes to provide general information about general eDiscovery principles and not to provide specific legal advice applicable to any particular circumstance. eDiscovery Daily should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a lawyer you have retained and who has agreed to represent you.
CloudNine empowers legal, information technology, and business professionals with eDiscovery automation software and professional services that simplify litigation, investigations, and audits for law firms and corporations.