eDiscovery Daily Blog
Here’s a Webcast to Learn about Important eDiscovery Developments for 2019: eDiscovery Webcasts
I know it seems like we just conducted a webcast (we did, three days ago), but we already have another one coming up! 2019 was another busy year from an eDiscovery, cybersecurity and data privacy standpoint. What do you need to know about those important 2019 events? Here’s a webcast that will discuss what you need to know about important 2019 events and how they impact your eDiscovery efforts.
On Wednesday, December 11 at noon CST (1:00pm EST, 10:00am PST), CloudNine will conduct the webcast 2019 eDiscovery Year in Review. In this one-hour webcast that’s CLE-approved in selected states, we will discuss key events and trends in 2019, what those events and trends mean to your discovery practices and provide our predictions for 2020. Key topics include:
- How Much Data is Being Transmitted Every Minute on the Internet in 2019
- What a Lawyer’s Notification Duty When a Data Breach Occurs
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Privacy Fines
- Biometric Security and Data Privacy Litigation
- Cell Phone Passwords and the Fifth Amendment
- How Organizations Are Doing on Compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Social Media and Judges Accepting “Friend” Requests from Litigants
- How #metoo and Investigations are Impacting eDiscovery within Organizations
- Whether Emojis Are the Next eDiscovery Challenge
- The Challenge to Obtain Significant Spoliation Sanctions under the New Rule 37(e)
- Whether Lawyers Are “Failing” at Cybersecurity?
- Outside Hackers vs. Internal Employees As Cybersecurity Threat
- Sanctions Resulting from Inadvertent Disclosure of Privileged Information
As always, I’ll be presenting the webcast, along with Tom O’Connor. To register for it, click here – it’s not too late! Even if you can’t make it, go ahead and register to get a link to the slides and to the recording of the webcast (if you want to check it out later). If you want to learn how key events and trends in 2019 can affect your eDiscovery practice in 2020, this webcast is for you!
So, what do you think? Do you have FOMO (fear of missing out) on important info for 2019? Please share any comments you might have or if you’d like to know more about a particular topic.
Sponsor: This blog is sponsored by CloudNine, which is a data and legal discovery technology company with proven expertise in simplifying and automating the discovery of data for audits, investigations, and litigation. Used by legal and business customers worldwide including more than 50 of the top 250 Am Law firms and many of the world’s leading corporations, CloudNine’s eDiscovery automation software and services help customers gain insight and intelligence on electronic data.
Disclaimer: The views represented herein are exclusively the views of the author, and do not necessarily represent the views held by CloudNine. eDiscovery Daily is made available by CloudNine solely for educational purposes to provide general information about general eDiscovery principles and not to provide specific legal advice applicable to any particular circumstance. eDiscovery Daily should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a lawyer you have retained and who has agreed to represent you.
CloudNine empowers legal, information technology, and business professionals with eDiscovery automation software and professional services that simplify litigation, investigations, and audits for law firms and corporations.