eDiscovery Daily Blog
Three Things to Consider When Moving to the Cloud
By: Kyle Taylor
Cloud computing is trending today, and for good reasons. Reports from Flexera show that 50% of decision-makers in organizations believe that migration to the cloud will continue to increase.
While some consider it a risky move for data security, others think it’s necessary for business in many ways. What benefits do companies stand to enjoy by moving to the cloud?
Reduce Internal Infrastructure Demands and Hardware Costs
The traditional on-premise Concordance platform has many demands, especially when a company wants to scale upward. It must incur the cost of acquiring additional infrastructure when new employees come on board or it expands operations.
Cloud infrastructure is easier to grow, with a business only having to pay for other resources as required. The cloud environment requires no hardware investment.
Eliminate Time-Consuming Installs, Upgrades, And System Downtime
Migrating legacy systems to a cloud computing solution saves a company time rolling out new software and training. The team has no data centers to update regularly, saving time for more crucial activities. Cloud-based solutions also experience fewer downtimes.
Routine Backups and Disaster Recovery Process
Cloud solutions provide data encryption, regular automatic backups, and speedy data recovery. Cloud hosting providers regularly update security features based on the newest technology to keep your data protected at all times.
Other benefits of moving from the on-premise Concordance platform to the cloud include:
- No database corruption and data integrity concerns
- Data migration assistance from professional cloud service providers
- Access new features, performance improvements, and bug fixes as soon as they are released
- Unlimited data storage and processing space
- Flexibility in using the software from anywhere with an internet connection
- Easily collaborate with internal and external parties
- Optional overflow services and consulting are available
- Easy to use modern interface designed for a positive user experience
- Automated seamless workflows
- Customizable tag options and formats
- Cloud-based databases support modern data formats
- Reviewer statistics
- Flexible database customization at the user level
The benefits of moving from an on-premise platform (like Concordance) are endless. If you would like to start the migration or get support for your cloud solution, contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Click to Download: Moving to the Cloud: Lessons from the Experts
CloudNine empowers legal, information technology, and business professionals with eDiscovery automation software and professional services that simplify litigation, investigations, and audits for law firms and corporations.